Stuart Harbinson is a trade policy expert based in Geneva. Prior to that he spent a number of years working in the United Nations and the World Trade Organization, notably as Chief of Staff to former WTO Director-General Dr Supachai Panitchpakdi and as Special Adviser to current Director-General Pascal Lamy. Mr Harbinson also had a distinguished career in Hong Kong’s public service, including as Representative to the WTO for eight years from 1994 to 2002. He has chaired many of the WTO’s key bodies, including the General Council, the Dispute Settlement Body and the negotiating group dealing with agriculture, as well as a number of dispute settlement panels.
Opinions & Speeches
- Brexit and The Re-emergence of the United Kingdom on the Global Trade Policy Stage -3
- Brexit and The Re-emergence of the United Kingdom on the Global Trade Policy Stage -2
- Brexit and The Re-emergence of the United Kingdom on the Global Trade Policy Stage
- The G20 and Trade
- The WTO's Split Personality
- Is the Global Trading System at a Tipping Point?
- Can International Trade Negotiations at the WTO Ever Succeed?